With more than 4,400 exhibiting companies and exhibit space of more than 2.7 million net square feet, CES 2018 welcomed the world’s biggest companies in addition to hosting more than 1,000 startups at the Eureka Park Marketplace.
More than 182,000 industry professionals, including more than 63,000 from outside the U.S., convened in Las Vegas to drive the ever-evolving global technology industry forward.
Kathryn went to Vegas to talk about some of the coolest Smart Home innovations with her friends on Morning Blend.
- Ring Wireless Video Doorbell 2 Watch over your home in crystal-clear 1080HD video, and see, hear and speak to visitors from anywhere. With instant mobile alerts and two-way talk, you can answer the door from your smartphone, tablet and PC.
- Ring Alarm Kit Includes Base Station, Keypad, Contact Sensor, Motion Detector and Range Extender. Add additional components to fit your home.
- Ring Alarm is a professionally monitored security system that offers affordable, contract-free, DIY, home security for just $10 per month or $100 per year.
- It seamlessly integrates with hundreds of Ring security devices to expand your Ring of
- Security, including Ring Doorbells and Ring Cams, for no extra fee.
- Ring Alarm provides neighbors with long awaited independence from the age-old alarm industry – no long-term contracts, high monthly costs, or hidden fees.
- Ring Alarm does not require professional installation.
- Ring Protect subscriptions start at just $10 per month or $100 per year
LIFX Lighting Reimagined. Tier 1 Smart Lighting that requires no hub.
- The richest color – seriously THE BEST COLORS (we can show you how we do it)
- 16 million colors
- The brightest white in-home bulbs – up to 1100 lumens.
- White, Day Dusk, Full color and Infrared
- Schedules, themes, timers
- ‘Paint’ function on strip lights – yes, you can use your finger on your phone to paint multi-colors onto LIFX lights
- Control via smart device also compatible with all voice control
- 2018 was a year focused on reaching a superior product experience for the customer. Cloud speed is now near-immediate response time, app design and back-end improvements mean it’s never been easier to use LIFX
- Like Tesla – there is functionality built into products for future releases that customers don’t even know.
Case in point:
- Tile Tap: any customer who has a LIFX Tile will soon be able to tap to control in an upcoming firmware update. Double tap for on/off. Single tap to change mode. What’s more, there are new modes being introduced such as Fire – which gives like a calming log fire effect.
- All LIFX products work with Wi-Fi via Android, iOS and Windows 10. The app allows users to access the lights from anywhere, anytime via the cloud and able to adjust the settings and dim. LIFX works seamlessly with Apple, enabling LIFX lights to be voice controlled through Siri, Google and Alexa, without the need for a central hub.
LIFX Mini: White + Color + Day & Dusk (three models). With light settings to suit every type of home, MINIs are optimized for lamps and smaller feature lighting. All LIFX Mini lights deliver 800 lumens. The sun inspires LIFX Mini Day & Dusk. Automation tailors the brightness, color and temperature of lights to compliment your day with each section of designed to enhance health and lifestyle. Day Dusk settings are completely customizable to run only on the days specified. (Color: $45.99 / Day Dusk $29.99 / White: $19.99)
Tile: Create a work of modern art on any wall.
The LIFX Tile starter kit contains five of the tile units along with a power pack, with 3M Command™ hooks on the back that stick to flat surfaces including plaster walls, timber and glass. Multiple designs, patterns, shapes can be made in any sized room or space with 64 independent zones each Tile can display multiple colors.
Beam. Frame a door or shape, making a statement.
The LIFX Beam provides six units along with a power pack and a corner unit that click together end to end to create shape and a seamless blended illumination for remarkable art and visualizations. The command strips have been designed to allow the lights to be placed exactly where the users want them and to work in any sized room or space.
Z Strip: Perfect for back of TV or computer screens for an ambient work or entertainment space. Also designed to run along shelves, cabinets, ceilings. The LIFX Z Starter Kit includes two one-meter strips. With eight addressable zones per meter, you can light up your house with all the colors of the rainbow.
Water with the smartest and only watering system that connects to both an above or below ground watering system. Orbit B-Hyve Smart Timer conserves water, measures water, allows for smart watering schedules. Voice commands through Amazon Alexa, and new announced at CES Google Home.
- Download the free App for IOS or Android; Plug in the Wi-Fi Hub using the included wall adapter; Connect timer to standard hose faucet and turn on the water; Easily connect the devises following the easy to use information wizard within the b-hyve App; Can be controlled either Wi-Fi (control from anywhere in the world)
- Smart Watering – Input information about the landscape profile, along with information about the type of sprinkler, and B-hyve will do the rest.
- Know the Flow – B-hyve manages water usage with a built-in flowmeter. Know exactly how much water is being used with each scheduled or manual watering.
- Expand to all of your yards faucets – B-hyve allows multiple mesh devices to communicate with each other using the B-hyve hub. That means you can add multiple B-hyve Hose Faucet Timers and control them all within one app
SMOKE AND CARBON MONOXIDE ALARM
Intelligent 2-in-1 Smoke and Carbon Monoxide alarm sends alerts to mobile devices, and tells you the type and location of emergency in your home. First Alert Smoke + Carbon Monoxide Alarm Apple HomeKit Enabled and Speaker with Amazon Alexa
- Protect your home and family and enjoy a hands-free voice-controlled speaker with a great audio experience at the same time. Introducing Onelink Safe & Sound, the first-ever smart smoke and carbon monoxide alarm with built-in Alexa Voice Services, so you can enjoy the full suite of features found on Amazon Echo.
- This 2-in-1 alarm is also powered by First Alert’s trusted technology for smoke and carbon monoxide detection, and warns you to danger in your home and its location with an 85-decibel